Profile of the Institution
The Society for The Hindu College is founded in the year 1856 by the Honourable Sri A.Seshayya Sastriar of Kumbakonam, a resident of Machilipatnam who was then holding the office of Collector’s Huzur Sheristadar. The institution is first designated as “Hindu Anglo Vernacular School” and later has changed to “Hindu High School” in the year 1863. Sri Mungamuri Narasimham Pantulu who was then Treasury Deputy Collector became the President of the Managing Committee. The institution was started improving due to his proficient, energetic and enthusiastic support. He has been justly accorded an equal tribute of honor with the founder of the school.
During the period 1856 to 1928 a number of eminent personalities served as Presidents and Secretaries of the Managing Committee. It was due to their untiring efforts that the institution was able to rise to such great heights. Initially The Hindu College was established as an Intermediate College in the year 1928. It was affiliated to the Andhra University and students’ strength increased year by year. The college became a First grade College in 1934.
For many years, the first rank in the University was secured only by the student of The Hindu College continuously. Through many momentous years of stress and strain, expansion and development the Managing Committee shouldered many responsibilities and the period after 1940 was a period of great growth and achievements. Extensive construction programmes, providing lecture halls, library, laboratories and a very expensive well furnished auditorium on the campus and the college hostel took place in the following years.
Among the Secretary & Correspondents of the college, special mention is to be made of Sri Daita Sreeramulu Pantulu for whom the college was like a child on which he concentrated all his thoughts. If one might describe the developmental activities of the previous decades as momentous, we cannot hesitate to describe the period from 1970 as a period of ambitious efforts and laudable achievements leading to great development. Subsequently, Sri Daita Madhusudana Sastry who succeeded his illustrious father, Sri Sreeramulu Pantulu as Secretary & Correspondent in 1970 had an invincible spirit of optimism and met all challenges and frustration with an over powering determination and iron will and achieved all the cherished goals.
Under the leadership of Sri D.Madhusudana Sastry, large scale of expansion of the institution began from the year 1971. P.G.Courses were started in Commerce and Economics in years 1971 and 1973 respectively. A Professional courses of M.B.A. and M.Sc. were introduced in the year 1985.. During his tenure a number of affiliated institutions were started by the Managing Committee. Sree Padmavathi Mahila Hindu Kalasala during 1976-77, the B.Ed. College for Women in 1977-78, Sree Venkaeswara Hindu College of Engineering in the year 1981, the D.S.R.Hindu College of Law in 1983. S.V. Public School and T.K.R. Polytechnic, Pamarru were established and have progressed from strength to strength.
After the sad demise of Sri Madhu Sudana Sastry in the year 2004, the present Secretary & Correspondent Sri Daita Ramachandra Sastry took over the reins. He is a deeply committed person who puts his heart and soul into every activity. With his personality of sweet humanism and his relentless effort the college is expected to rise to the front ranks of educational institutions in Andhra Pradesh.
Several distinguished celebrities who have been visited the institution from time to time over many years in the past included the then Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, Sri N.T.Rama Rao, Sri N.Chandrababu Naidu, Dr. Y.S.Rajasekhar Reddy, Sri N.Kiran Kumar Reddy who made good remarks about the college.
The success and growth of the institution to present status has been mainly due to the extremely good and cordial relations between the members of the management, staff and students.
In the year 1986 the college was affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University. Then the college is presently affiliated to Krishna University, Machilipatnam from the year 2010.
Presently the college is having B.A., B.Sc with 5 combinations including (self finance courses), B.Com with General and Restructure courses with Telugu and English Medium. The college has also having Intermediate classes with MPC and CEC groups. This college is located in heart of the town and covered by nearly 20 villages. The college is satisfying the large number of students from rural areas. Many number of students enjoying fee reimbursement and scholarships promptly. Remedial coaching classes are conducting for SC, ST & BC (non-creamy layer) students for the last two years. Merit students are recognized and the college has constituted 124 endowment prizes 54 cash prizes by management and staff worth of rupees nearly 1,25,000/-.
The institution encourages research culture among the faculty members through Faculty Improvement Programmes (FIP) offered by U.G.C. The faculty working in this college offer consultancy services to local training institutions and other organizations (like Krishna University and LIC Training Centre, DRDA centre). The college is having Red Ribbon Club for AIDS awareness and conducting blood donation camps. There are about 160 NCC cadets and 100 NSS volunteers are participating in their activities. Recently our college NSS unit adopted a village and created infrastructure facilities, in evening times the awareness programmes were conducted on clean and green, pollution and Heresy to the villagers.The academic and administrative wings move hands in hand in hands with mutual cooperation of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Allied Institutions of the Hindu High & Branch Schools Society
|S.No||College Name||Established in||Courses|
|1||The Hindu High & Branch Schools||1856||School Education|
|2||The Hindu College, Machilipatnam||1928||B.A., B.Com., B.Sc.|
|The Hindu College-P.G.|| 1971||M.Com
|4||S.P.M.H. Junior Kalasala|| 1976||Intermediate|
|5||S.P.M.H.College of Women|| 1976||B.A., B.Com., B.Sc|
|6||S.P.M.H. College of Education(Women) |
Click to View
|7||D.S.R Hindu College of Law Click to View|| 1981||B.L.|
|D.M.S.S.V.H. College of Engineering|| 1981||B.Tech.
(CE, EEE, ECE, MECH)
|9||The Hindu College - M.B.A Click to View|| 1986||Intermediate|
|10||S.V.H College of Engineering Click to View|| 1997||M.C.A|
|11||Smt.T.K.R.Polytechnic for Women, Pamarru |
Click to View
| 1987-88||Diploma Courses|