Welcome to THE HINDU COLLEGE        







The Hindu College, Machilipatnam is one of the oldest and premier grant-in-aid institutions in the state of Andhra Pradesh to impart higher education. The college is affiliated to Krishna University and is located in the historic town of Machilipatnam which is also the headquarters of Krishna District. The college has been offering Aided and Un-aided courses since a long time and managing its existence to the untiring efforts of the members of the Society.

The Hindu College was established in the year 1928. Firstly, it was affiliated to the Andhra University.  A many number of courses with different subject specializations were introduced in the year 1934.  After the students strength was increased year by year, the college became a First grade College. For many years, the first rank in the University was secured only by the student of The Hindu College continuously. Through many momentous years of stress and strain, expansion and development was shouldered by the Managing Committee.  The period after 1940 was a period of great growth and achievements. Extensive introduction of academic programmes,construction of lecture halls, library, laboratories and a well furnished and spacious auditorium, and the college hostel in the campus took place as a popular college in the district.

Under the dynamic leadership of Sri D.Madhu Sudana Sastry, large scale of expansion of the institution with Post Graduate Courses Commerce and Economics were commenced in the year 1971.  M.B.A. was later introduced in the year 1985. Sri Daita Madhusudana Sastry who succeeded his illustrious father, Sri Sreeramulu Pantulu as Secretary & Correspondent in 1970 had an invincible spirit of optimism and met all challenges and frustration with an over powering determination and iron will and achieved all the cherished goals. During his tenure a number of affiliated institutions were started by the Managing Committee. Sree Padmavathi Mahila Hindu Kalasala during 1976-77, the B.Ed. College for Women in 1977-78, Sree Venkaeswara Hindu College of Engineering in the year 1981, the D.S.R.Hindu College of Law in 1983. S.V. Public School and T.K.R. Polytechnic, Pamarru were established and have progressed from strength to strength. After the sad demise of Sri Madhu Sudana Sastry in the year 2004, the present Secretary & Correspondent Sri Daita Ramachandra Sastry took over the reins. He is a deeply committed person who puts his heart and soul into every activity. With his personality of sweet humanism and his relentless effort the college is expected to rise to the front ranks of educational institutions in Andhra Pradesh.



©2015 @jsh_vsh         Best View in Chrome,Firefox,IE9 & all latest browsers